Essential Oils for Skin Tightening
Essential oils are highly concentrated and potent liquid plant extracts that have therapeutic benefits.
They are powerful antioxidants that help with skin tightening. Here’s how:
- Antioxidants stave off free radicals and repair damaged skin cells that lead to sagging and inelastic skin.
- Essential oils help shrink large pores to create a flawless appearance. Their astringent nature promotes skin tightening and a youthful look.
- Essential oils boost collagen which keeps skin taut and prevents sagging.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Skin Tightening
6. Tea Tree
Essential Oil Skin Tightening Recipes
Customize this facial serum by adding the best carrier oil that suits your skin type:
- Normal skin –use any carrier oil but stick to those that aren’t too heavy like jojoba oil.
- Oily skin –use light-weight oils like grapeseed oil, sweet almond and apricot kernel.
- Dry skin – use moisturizing emollients like olive oil, shea oil and liquid coconut oil.
- Acne-prone skin – use oils that have a comedogenic rating of zero like sunflower, hemp seed and argan oil.
- Anti-aging skin – use nourishing rosehip oil
10 drops geranium
10 drops frankincense
7 drops lemon
2 tbsp carrier oil of choice
2 oz amber glass dropper bottle (where to get it)
In a dropper bottle, add the above oils, screw on the lid and shake the bottle gently to mix them up.
Store in a cool dry place.
To use, place about 2 – 3 drops of this blend on your palms, rub them together and deeply massage it onto your whole face.
Use at night time only because lemon is photo-sensitive.
Firming Facial Gel
3 tbsp pure aloe vera gel
10 drops geranium or neroli
7 drops tea tree
Clean glass jar
Add the aloe vera gel to the amber jar then drop in the essential oils and stir well using a popsicle stick.
Store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Use just one finger scoop on your whole face after cleansing it and patting dry.