Healthy Summer Recipe
Lemon Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles
Summer is here! As we focus on the perfect beach body, let’s also remember the importance of eating healthy. This summer recipe features a spin on a traditional pasta recipe with zoodles. It tastes and looks delicious.
- 4 medium zucchini, washed and trimmed
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, choped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c. dry white wine
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. cold butter, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Insert flat end of one zucchini into a spiralizer and turn to make noodles; repeat with remaining zucchini. Cut the noodles to 7″ lengths and place in a colander; sprinkle with salt and gently mix to coat noodles. Set aside and let noodles drain over a dish.
2. In a medium bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper. Place shrimp in an even layer on a rimmed sheet pan and roast for 8 minutes.
3. In a large skillet set over medium heat, add oil, garlic, onions and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper; cook until softened, 2 minutes. Adjust heat to medium-high; add wine, lemon juice and zest and simmer until sauce has reduced, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain zucchini noodles and pat dry with paper towels. Add to sauce and toss until warmed through.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir cold butter into sauce, then add cooked shrimp. Toss with parsley and garnish with lemon wheels. Serve immediately.
*Skip the butter to make this an even healthier Summer dish!*
*Don’t have a spiralizer? Don’t worry! Grocery stores like Whole Foods and Earth Fare sell packaged Zucchini Zoodles.
Author: Judy Kim from Delish.com